Source: Sudan Tribune
Eritrea has dismissed reports alleging that the Red Sea nation has leased the port town of Assab to the United Arab Emirates.
Recently the Beirut-based Arabic TV channel Al-mayadeen reported that the UAE had acquired a 30-year lease for a military base in the port of Assab.
Asmara denied the report saying it was unfounded and deliberately aimed to tarnish the image of the country.
Eritrea’s Ministry of information accused the TV channel of broadcasting a speculative news “in a highly dramatized manner and without rudimentary verification.”
[Photo by Freedom4E/CC BY-SA 4.0]
- Ethiopia Denies Starting Border Clash with Eritrea, Claims Army Neutralized Eritrean Attack
- Eritrean Government comes under Criticisms at United Nations Human Rights Council
- Kenyan Military Denies Financing al-Shabab through Sugar and Charcoal Smuggling
- Egypt Denies Funding Groups Responsible for Ethiopia’s Violent Anti-Government Protests
- Massive Brawl Breaks out Between Pro- and Anti-Government Supporters During Eritrean Independence Celebrations in Israel