Source: Independent. UK
A man has claimed he was thrown off a Delta Airlines flight for speaking to his mother in Arabic.
YouTube star and serial prankster Adam Saleh, who has more than 1.6 million subscribers on his channel, posted a video on Twitter that appeared to show him being escorted from the plane along with a friend, called Slim.
A Delta staff member can be seen in the shot.
Mr. Saleh can be heard to say to fellow passengers: “Are you serious? I’m about to cry right now. You guys are racists. I cannot believe it. Because we said a word in a different language? And it’s six white people against us bearded men?”
Delta said in a statement: “Two customers were removed from this flight and later rebooked after a disturbance in the cabin resulted in more than 20 customers expressing their discomfort.
“We’re conducting a full review to understand what transpired. We are taking allegations of discrimination very seriously; our culture requires treating others with respect.”
He finds some support among other passengers and one says: “That is so upsetting. Why are they being kicked out?”
In a later Periscope video Mr Saleh said: “I was speaking to my mum in Arabic, then I spoke to Slim in Arabic, and they kicked us out.”
On Twitter, he added: “I will not let this issue go by. I will speak up and make sure anyone can speak any language in a plane.”
- Sudanese Traveler Tries to Murder Israeli Man Aboard Ethiopian Airlines Flight
- Ethiopian Airlines Flight Attendant Injured After Plane’s Nose Gear Collapses Before Take off
- Ethiopian Airlines flight headed for Washington DC declares emergency over the Atlantic Ocean
- Ethiopian Airlines Hijacker Co-Pilot to Stand Trial
- Debris From Missing EgyptAir Flight 804 Found in Alexandria