Source: Fana Broadcasting
Doctors at Menelik II hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, have removed more than 1kg of cocaine from the abdomen of a Nigerian drug trafficker.
He was caught trying to smuggle the cocaine to various countries via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
According to the Federal Police Crime Investigation Bureau, he was taken to hospital as he felt an abdominal pain upon his arrival at the airport.
But later the doctors found more than 1 kilogram of cocaine, which was packed in 84 pieces of plastics, during surgery.
After more than three hours of surgery, the doctors managed to remove the cocaine from his abdomen.
The individual is currently receiving medical care.
- Power outage in Addis Ababa causes disruption at Black Lion Hospital
- Ethiopian Police Discover and Disarm Explosives at Addis Ababa Airport
- Kenya: Patients suffer as doctors persevere in strike
- Truck Hits Nine Ethiopian Athletes Training Along Addis Ababa Highway, 1 Dead
- Ethiopian Physicians to Establish a Center of Excellence Hospital in Addis Ababa